26 November, 2014

Fashion: What's Your Colour?



This dress could quite possibly be the only red item I own!

Red is not a colour I tend to gravitate towards, I guess it is a little too bold for me, I generally go for soft and girly or simple yet edgy.

I'll never forget though, when I was much much younger and I had to beg my Dad to take me shopping or I'd do jobs around the house to earn money to buy new clothes (I'm pretty good at washing a car now) but it was my Dad who told me, red is my colour. I guess, like with many things, I didn't take his advice, if I still only own one red item of clothing but I think this dress is a great one to pull out for the summer.

The red against a summer tan, makes for a striking combination, the vibrant colour of the dress emphasises the natural glow that the summer sun creates on our skin. The dress is cut beautifully, showing just the right amount of skin and the ruffles running zig zagging down the front and back create a stunning, fun and forgiving silhouette.

This dress is so versatile as well, dress it right down with sandals and wear it to the beach or a backyard BBQ or dress it right up with a pair of heels, black and gold accessories and you're ready for a dinner date or drinks with friends.

I guess my Dad wasn't completely wrong, but don't tell him I said that!

So what's your colour?

shop the look:
Dress by Don't Ask Amanda at General Pants; Heels by Sachi; Bracelet by Mimco; Rings by Lovisa;

Photography: Shayne Connell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment