05 January, 2015

Beauty Pick: Holiday Staples


With the festive season coming to an end but the summer season still here and strong, I thought I would share with you some of my beauty picks which have been my go to staples for the season.

Summer to me is about wearing minimal make up and finding products that will not smother my skin but will help enhance that natural summer bronzed glow.


This Mecca Cosmetica "In Good Light" tinted moisturiser was given to me as a christmas gift and I have been using it everyday since I unwrapped it!

I hardly ever wear foundation in my summer holidays as it is too heavy and often just melts off under the hot sun but this Mecca Cosmetica tinted moisturiser is perfect to put on in the morning as it gives you a light coverage for the day and evens out your skin tone. It also multi-tasks as a SPF30 sun protector and is a luminising hydrator; as it gives your skin a fresh summer glow while keeping it from drying up from the sun and salt.

Note: I also like to put a little of this over my foundation on a night out as it creates a bronzed "dewy" look.
























I'm forever searching for the perfect bronzer and I have finally found it! The Napoleon Perdis Matte Bronze Blush adds that pop of bronze to your cheeks that gives them that sun kissed look and highlights your face in all the right ways. The bronzer can also be used as a face powder by sweeping a little all over your face and it is the perfect product for creating contouring along your cheek bones.

Along with the Napoleon Perdis Matte Bronzer is the Napoleon Perdis highlight in "Champagne Days". This little product looks amazing when you add a smudge to your temples, top of your cheek bones and along your brow line. It will illuminate these areas and again enhance that bronze sun kissed look.

























With all the parties over the festive season I like to dress up my look with a statement lip. My lip colour of choice this season is "Viva Glam" by MAC. It is a beautiful deep red that will take any outfit from an 8 to a 10 and the added bonus is no one will be able to notice your red wine stained lips.





















This little OPI nail vanish set was another christmas gift and is full of vibrant colours for those summer days. My fave pick for the summer would have to be "Toucan Do It If You Try".

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment